|Helpful Resources||Post-Abortion Research||Contact HEART||Personal Stories|
HEART (Healing Emotions and Renewing the Heart) is a post-abortion Bible study for those grieving past abortion decisions.
This group is strictly confidential. All sessions are complimentary.
ComfortCare’s HEART program is an 8-session abortion recovery and support group for women grieving past abortion decisions.
No matter your age or beliefs, you can benefit from the HEART program. Grieving is a normal and healthy response to a major loss through death. It is a painful process but one that helps relieve our sorrow and grief.
After an abortion, women can feel many emotions. How do you feel?
Read through this self-assessment to see if you have symptoms of post-abortion regret. If the list reflects problems you’ve experienced since your abortion and you feel stuck, you may need help to move forward.
We’re told that abortion is a quick, painless answer to the problem of an unplanned pregnancy. We know, from experience and from research, that this is simply not true for everyone.
Reflect on the following questions to understand more about your feelings.
- Have you changed as a person since your abortion? What were you like before your abortion? How are you different now?
- If your sister or best friend were thinking about having an abortion, what would you tell her?
- At the time of your abortion did you believe abortion was right or wrong?
- Check the following problems that have bothered you since your abortion:
◦I struggle with eating disorders.
◦I find myself in abusive relationships.
◦I’m having increased unprotected sexual activity.
◦I’m using drugs and/or alcohol to distract myself from my pain.
◦I often feel so sad that I can’t handle my responsibilities.
◦I often think about hurting myself.
◦I keep having the same nightmare over and over.
- Do you shut down or feel numb when you ’re in a highly emotional situation?
- Do you experience explosive emotions?
- Has your relationship with God changed since your abortion? If yes, in what way?
- Have your relationships with men changed? If yes, in what way?
- Do you feel you must hide your abortion or your feelings about it?
- Do you avoid people or situations that remind you of your abortion?
- Did someone pressure you into having the abortion? If yes, what is your relationship like with that person now?
- Do you feel like you’re all alone with the emotional pain you are feeling?
- Are you interested in a support group for women who’ve had abortions to work through some of these problems?Questions Provided By: Sometimes a Band-Aid Just Won’t Do, ©2000, Frontlines Publishing, Grand Rapids, MI
What did these questions reveal to you? If you’d like to talk to someone about your past abortion, ComfortCare is here for you. For more information or to register, contact HEART Leader, Barbara Medaries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The materials used in HEART to facilitate healing and discussion are taken from Forgiven and Set Free by Linda Cochrane. Topics covered in the sessions include:
– How do I know I need healing?
– The character of God
– Relief and Denial
– The need to forgive
– Forgiven and set free
Again, all contacts are strictly confidential.
Find help and healing here.
Contact us today: email@example.com