Current Job Openings:
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Director of Development is responsible for sharing the mission of ComfortCare Women’s Health (CCWH) with the communities it serves. In doing so, this position identifies potential opportunities for greater Church/organization/community awareness and effectively helps the ministry realize such opportunities. Once identified, the purpose of this position is to cultivate relationships with individual donors &/or larger organizations that foster greater resources for the CCWH ministry as a whole. This is a 20 hour/week position.
The Director of Development is accountable to and under the direct supervision of the Vice President of Advancement.
No direct employee supervision. The Director of Development does assist in offering guidance and supervision of volunteers that aid in the realm of development-related tasks.
- Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Strong commitment and dedication to the sanctity of human life and related issues of abortion and sexual purity
- Agree with and be willing to uphold the Statement of Faith, Statement of Principle, Code of Ethics, and policies of the Clinic
- Dynamic human relation skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in donor development &/or two years experience in customer service field.
- Proficient in computer skills to include databases and spreadsheet development/organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or humanities desired.
- Available to work some evenings &/or weekends when required for community outreach.
- Ability to organize and perform daily work and special projects independently.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organizes community Churches via a systematic process that is designed to outline Churches that foster the greatest support &/or offer the best opportunities for enhanced community outreach.
- Create an annual development strategy that identifies a manageable number of Churches to introduce to, and engage within, the CCWH ministry.
- Identify potential Church supporters for involvement with key fundraising events. Create clear introduction/transition of communication for such events to Director of Advancement.
- Identify and organize CCWH involvement in relevant community activities. These tasks include signing the organization up for participation and meeting the requirements to participate, ensuring needed staff and materials are available for an effective community outreach. The Director of Development should also coordinate any pertinent follow-up and appreciation.
Donor Engagement & Development
- Works with the V.P. of Advancement to create an annual development strategy with a heightened focus on new donor engagement, donor retention, and enhanced donor loyalty.
- Maintains current and accurate donor information in Waycool and CCWH specific tracking mechanisms.This information includes donor communication, donor/volunteer labels for potential future opportunities, and the categorization of community Churches.
- Assists with the identification of potential donors to fulfill important roles within the CCWH ministry, such as table hosts, Stride coaches/managers, and potential underwriters.
- Identifies and refers key donors to President & CEO for potential meetings and further cultivation of resources on behalf of CCWH.
- Represent CCWH at health fairs and other community events as needed
- Perform public speaking to promote CCWH in the community
- Assist with CCWH fundraisers as assigned
- Diligent in prayer for the clinic and ministry at large. Share donor/Church/community prayer requests with the CCWH staff.
- Perform tasks as requested by the V.P of Advancement and the President and CEO
- Attend all staff meetings/retreats as an integral part of the CCWH team
- Research and recommends grant opportunities as indicated
- Assist with volunteer acknowledgment and appreciation events
- Submit updates/reports as outlined by the V.P. of Advancement.
Evaluation: The Director of Development shall receive an annual evaluation by the V.P. of Advancement. The evaluation will consider:
- Church involvement with the CCWH ministry. This metric includes new Church participation and Church speaking opportunities.
- Effective organization and accuracy of Church database, donor communication, and any other forms of community outreach
- Donor engagement. This metric includes numbers related to new donors, donor loyalty, and donor retention.
- Realization of annual goals related to community engagement and overall development.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com